Friday, January 6, 2012

My Super Snowy Sixteenth.




My cousin!

Looking our to the horizon.
As we were about to leave.



I turn sixteen today and I am super ecstatic. In rainy Oregon, we rarely get snowfall so over the new year's weekend, I went up to my home mountain, Mt. Hood to get some snow action. I have been skiing for six years now and I felt I needed to try something new. I spent several hours boarding, well, it was mostly falling, on a trail with my cousin and sisters. I got lost looking for the lift and didn't come back for lunch until 3 p.m. I ate plenty of good food and I even spotted Brian Grant, a former Trail Blazers forward (and now a legend) at the Lodge! We then made a 3 hour drive back home and rang in the new year with cake. It was a new experience and it was a great way to start the new year as a sixteen-er. I hope the rest of the year is filled with family, friends, and many more adventures to come.
 In addition to that, I get to be part of a psychology experiment today. Fun!



With Love,
        Christine