Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thai Basil Pesto




MMM, I love eating food, but first I have to make it. I'm lucky enough to have a magic bullet to create and store my tasty sauces and smoothies; this time I'm making pesto! Pesto is usually made from pine nuts, but they're expensive and I'm a student. Pretty self explanatory right? Nevertheless, its delicious. I don't usually use measuring cups for this sort of thing and I tend to guess-timate, so do whatever you like to tweak this recipe to your personal preference.
The portion of pesto this recipe makes lasts about a week, because you'll try to eat it every chance you get! There are endless possibilities, mix it into pasta, spread it on bread...etc


Ingredients:
Handful of Walnuts
Handful of Thai Basil
Heaping 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (or more if you like:))
3 cloves of Garlic
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 

Instructions:
Take your ingredients and but them in a blender. Drizzle in the olive oil until the mixture is smooth. 


With Love, 
          Christine