Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Chain Cage

I think the whole obsession with chains is understandable, they make everything a little more edgy. I share this infatuation as well. I also adore the bracelet connected rings, so I added these two loves of mine to create a cool chain "cage" for my hand.
What it looks like! :D

You will need:
7 jump rings
Chain
Wire cutter
Lobster Clasp

1. You don't want the bracelet to be loose or it will look droopy.
For the bracelet, I cut about 6.5 inches of chain. Open two jump rings and put them on either end of the chain. Connect a lobster clasp to one jump ring. Close both of the jump rings.

2. Find the middle of the chain and connect a jump ring.
3. Cut chains for the ring part. Connect a jump ring and put both ends in to create a loop.
You could also just wear a chain ring with another ring on top so that it doesn't fall off.
4. Depending on how tight you want the "cage," lengths will vary but my measurements from the wrist to the fingers in inches were 3.5, 3, 3.25, 3.25. This is from the pinky to the wrist, ring finger to the wrist...etc. Connect the chain rings to the chains.

5. The hardest part. Going back to the jump ring in the middle, slide all the chains into the loop in order. There will be some adjusting.


YOU'RE DONE. whew.

 

With Love,
         Christine