Monday, April 9, 2012

Cuckoo for Coconuts.



I found myself in a coconutty situation over the weekend. I had a fresh coconut but I didn't know what to do with it. Luckily, my uncle was there to help me out.
I could hear "ping" sounds as the knife bounced off the hard shell. After a few attempts, the shell finally cracked it in half and everyone watch as the sweet coconut juice flowed into a bowl. Yum.
We now had to find the coconut shredder to get to the flesh of the coconut. We couldn't find it. So, we used the metal cap off of one of those old fashioned pop bottles to scrape the inside.
It was meticulous work, I must say. The reward, however was well worth it. Fresh shredded coconut to go on top of our vanilla ice cream.
Plus, I was going to scrape the flesh from the shell completely and make a bowl but my parents threw the shell away. So, I guess that would be another project for another time.




With Love,
         Christine